Life in Barcelona is nothing shy of amazing; although the weather here the past week has been quite rainy.
My life here consists of school [always first ;)], enjoying little cafes, traveling, and still figuring out the best places to explore.
School here is tough. I thought that study abroad school would be easy and laid back, considering we only have 4 school days per week and 4 classes total. But my gosh, was I mistaken. You are graded here on a scale from 1-10 (ten being the highest). Because I strive to do well in school (and succeed most of the time), I expected to be receiving 9s and 10s in my classes. NOT THE CASE. I have been receiving 7s after 7s after 7s and sometimes if I'm lucky, 8s. I was horrified. I think the professor could see the expression on my face and asked me to stay after class. She told me that 7s are not equivalent to 70s in Spain- apparently 7 is a "very notable grade and I should be proud." That's great and all, but I'm still having a difficult time adjusting their grading scale.
This was my Zombie professor, by the way. I have come to really like her! I love all my professor here, for that matter!
Sitting down having a cup of coffee and a pastry here is the way of life. It is truly where I belong! Many cafes have a combination special they offer for a cup of coffee (cafe con leche) and a pastry or sandwich (pasteles o bocadillo) for 2 or 3 euros. It's fabulous for my Tuesday and Thursday schedule since I don't have much time to grab lunch.
I am so grateful for this opportunity to study abroad because not only am I living in Barcelona, Spain, I am getting to see so many other great places Europe has to offer. I am traveling so much in March and in the beginning of April, I don't really have anymore free weekends in Barcelona. It's sad, but that just means I have to take advantage of the beautiful weekdays! :)
Future trips: Scotland, Pyrenees Mountains, Portugal, Ireland, Sevilla, and Granada! WOW. And that won't even be the end of it since Daddy and Mama are making their way over- Chason and Hannah, too! I'm so excited for them to come, but I don't want this experience to end. If only I could have Ikey over here with me!!
Speaking of horses, I think I may have found a barn over here that I can ride at once or twice a week! I plan on going to check it out tomorrow so CROSS YOUR FINGERS!
Just a couple pictures of everyday life here in Barcelona:
SO MANY OLIVES! For you, Mama!
In Cataluna, their 'symbol' is the blue donkey. These donkeys are only produced and found in Cataluna. I knew I loved this place for a reason ;)
PRINCESS! :)
No comments:
Post a Comment