Kelcey and I made it to London around 6:15am (1:15am in North Carolina time.) Our flight was smooth and fairly quick, but of course I sat next a crazy. Driss ("D" "R" "I" "Double S") is a middle aged, self proclaimed "rich man" from Morocco who proceeded to ask me to go back to his country with him. It was a nice gesture, but needless to say, I respectfully declined his offer. However, his bold request did make for an awkward duration of the flight.
When I fly to Barcelona on Tuesday, I will be sitting beside Kelcey to prevent another unwarranted proposal.
Enough about the flight and onto London! London is not what I expected- is is so cloudy, dark, and dreary, but makes for nice weather to rid jet lag. I definitely could not live here though- I would become depressed. Kelcey, myself, and four other AIFS students went on an small expedition in search of a nice cafe which was pleasant. Then we decided to come back to the hotel to relax and SLEEP!
We have a welcome party tonight at 6pm so hopefully I will have more news then.
xoxo
ALSO ONE MORE ANNOUNCEMENT! THE NHL JUST REACHED AN AGREEMENT THE DAY I LEAVE- THE DAY I LEAVE. THAT IS ALL.
So happy to hear that you arrived safely. Classes start in the morning here. If you have free time in London we loved Covent gardens.Fun..Have a great trip,
ReplyDeleteRobin
Glad you are safe and sound. Only you would meet someone interesting on the plane. I will be reading your blog to keep up with your activities. Momma D
ReplyDelete