Hola! I know it has been quite a while since I have blogged, but I have literally had no time to sit down and write it- I have been having TOO MUCH FUN! :)
My title, 'Primera semana de mis clases en Espana', translates to 'My first week of classes in Spain!' In my previous post I listed the courses I'm taking and I did end up adding a fourth- Spanish Art and Cultural Heritage. It sounded fun and I knew that it would count for my Spanish Minor back at Peace. I am still waiting to hear if my Spanish Language class will stay the same or if I will be moved up. Personally, I know I need to move up, but my professor here didn't seem to be too fond of making too many changes. We will just have to see; I know it will all work out either way. My Spanish Civilization and Cultures class seems to be interesting (the professor certainly is), she wrote her thesis on zombies. I'll keep ya'll updated more on what she is like....
The Seven Wonders of Spain class is awesome. Honestly, it's like a field trip class. We are going to physically see all of the local 'Seven Wonders of Spain'.
I know this is going to sound so 'duh', but the classes here are not at all similar to ones taught in the States. The classroom persona is much more strict, meaning you cannot eat, drink, chew gum, or even get up to go to the bathroom. You wouldn't think this is that big of a deal, but considering that the classes are an hour and 40 minutes long, it makes it challenging to stay focused. Oh, and my Spanish language class is four hours long. Yes, that's right- four hours on Tuesday/Thursday from 9am-12:40pm. It is quite intensive.
I am so happy with my decision to choose AIFS as my program to study abroad. Inma and Rebecca (Resident Director and Assistant Resident Director) are amazing and are so willing to offer every piece of information, advice, and care to each one of us. Not only are they great, but they plan trips almost every week for us. This weekend we went to see the Montserrat (Monastery) and a famous city called Sitges. Montserrat was absolutely beautiful despite the horrible cold and rainy weather. Sitges is more of a party town that is known for its nightlife, parties, and for being the 'gay capital of the world'. I wish I could upload pictures, but for some reason my computer won't allow me to upload to this site. So for now ya'll are going to have to see them through Facebook!
My friends here could not be anymore amazing. They are some of the best group of girls and guys I have ever had the pleasure of meeting AND I get to spend 4 months in Barcelona with them!!! It's fantastic! We have already planned a trip to Paris (this coming weekend) and I have already booked our trip to South Portugal for Spring Break. We are also toying around with the idea of going to Prague, Auswitch, Morocco, Ireland and Scotland. Any other recommendations are welcome :)
Apartment life has been interesting in the cooking aspect. Kelcey and I are going to be starving soon if we don't figure out. I can hear her in the kitchen now desperately trying to open a bottle of wine to make a white wine sauce for our pasta. I have been living off of cereal, hummus, and cheese and Kelcey has been living off of chocolate croissants, muffins, and fish. Along with any other travel advice, we are in need of some SIMPLE recipes! We thank you in advance.
Personal life: I am missing all my babies at home especially Ikey man, but I know he's doing great with Auntie Danielle. To cure my animalsickness (forget homesickness), I plan on searching for barns in the area to take lessons at, once I get back from Paris, that is. I don't mean to sound rude or cold, but I am truly not homesick at all; animals being absent from my life is the only thing that has taken some getting used to. I am having literally the time of my life with fabulous people (I just wish Hannah could join, too) in BARCELONA, SPAIN- what's there to be sad about?!?!?!
xoxo
No comments:
Post a Comment